Telomeric Theory - Growth Factors

andrewmason at my-dejanews.com andrewmason at my-dejanews.com
Thu Sep 24 20:02:33 EST 1998

> Uh... yeah, right.  An antibiotic that you can't deliver where it needs
> to go, and that causes cancer, and that isn't effective on many of the
> strains that could be causing your sore throat anyway.  Not to mention a
> new problem that comes to mind, whichI am posting as a separate message.

James, can you cite the research that shows that adding telomerase to
normal cells makes them cancerous. My impression was that the experiments done
by Geron immortalized human fibroblasts and did not turn them cancerous.

Just because most (not all) cancer cells express telomerase, it does not mean
that all cells that express telomerase are cancerous. If you repeat an opinion
often enough people may accept it as fact, but that doesn't make it true.

Andrew