Chicken red blood cells

Olivier Gandrillon ogandril at cri.ens-lyon.fr
Mon Sep 28 03:34:53 EST 1998

Hi

They DO pellet. I guess what's important here is cellular density, that
is only marginally affected by nucleus. Human nucleated cells are less
differentiated that is less dense (strong reduction in cell size is seen
both in mammalls and chicken RBC), which could explain why they do not
pellet.

Oliver Gandrillon