Boyden chambers/chemotaxis

Patrick F.H. Lai the Graduate Student pfhlai at LOOKSMART.COM
Mon Sep 28 18:17:43 EST 1998

---- Begin Original Message ----
We are wanting to do some assays on chemotaxis of fibroblasts.  We are
new to this aspect of research and are fairly clueless, even after
looking through the literature,  on where to buy the chambers, how to
set them up and how to run the assays.  The literature generally just
states that "using Boyden chambers."
If anyone could provide me with a source of the chambers, a step-wise
approach to using them and any other simplified information, I would
really appreciate it.
Thanks,

Ray Kuhn
kuhnray at wfu.edu

---- End Original Message ----

Dear Ray,

May I suggest contacting Falcon / Becton Dickinson ?
<http://www.bdl.bd.com/>  or
<http://www.bd.com/labware/catalog/>
They have lots of stuffs for cell migration, cell-cell interaction studies, ...... many multi-well plates and inserts that may interest you.

Hope this is useful info.   :-)

Patrick F.H. Lai  < PFHLai at looksmart.com >
Graduate Student
University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

P.S.  I am merely a GradStudent.
One should take a HUGE grain of salt with whatever I have typed above.
Good Luck.   :-)

LookSmart … or keep looking.
http://www.looksmart.com