colony PCR in eukaruotes ?

Incheol Shin icshin at bioneer.kaist.ac.kr
Wed Sep 30 20:08:18 EST 1998

Hi all,

Anybody out there ever performed colony PCR with
stably-transfected animal cells to detect transfected DNA ?
I'd like to know if there's any difference in the
protocol from the one we used for the detection of foreign
genes in prokaryotic cells.
Could it be possible to pick up some small animal cell colonies
surviving from the geniticin selection pressure and use
it directly for PCR analysis without any pretreatment
or something like that ?
I think it may be somewhat different from the protocol for bacterial
cells since the chromosome structures are not the same in
both systems.

Thanks in advance for any of your kind input,

Incheol

                  o  It was a wedding ring,
  \  __\\___    o    Destined to be found in a cheap hotel,
   \/     o \ o      Lost in a kitchen sink,
   /\_<_____/        Or thrown in a wishing well.
  /                  - Warm Wet Circles - Fish