Molecular Weight & Diffusion (quick question)

13andya at 13andya at
Sun Apr 4 17:12:29 EST 1999

This is exactly right that ions do not pass like that but need ion channels.
This can be used as a character of selectively permeable membrane. can it not
be? I think when we talk about selectivity then we have to consider such ion
chanels,pore etc. together and not seperately.
Thanks ,