Streptavidin MW

Jose Santos Alvarez alvarez at cica.es
Tue Mar 2 09:03:15 EST 1999

Dear netters,
we are trying to purify a protein by using inmobilized streptavidin as
support for the biotynilated ligand of this protein. We use a acid
buffer (pH 5.5) to separate the protein from immobilizated ligand, but
we dont know if this condition can release streptavidin from solid
support. What is the molecular weight of streptavidin? We analyze our
protein by SDS-PAGE (reducing conditions), so we need to know the
apparent MW of streptavidin on these conditions.
Thanks for all, friends.
                Jose (alvarez at cica.es)