Permount going cloudy

Ken Hoekstra hoekstra at unixg.ubc.ca
Thu Mar 4 21:14:06 EST 1999

I've recently mounted some slides with Permount (Fisher Science).
However, after a few days, the area around my tissue under the coverslip
went cloudy, making the tissue very difficult to see. Tissue was
dehydrated through EtOH series and xylene and then mounted. The Permount
is not yet expired but for some reason changes from clear to cloudy in
few days. No air bubbles under coverslip.

Any suggestions? Can you remount slides by taking them back to xylene?

--
Ken Hoekstra, PhD student
University of British Columbia