APTag-2 vector

Stephane Genoud stephane.genoud at cell.biol.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 16 06:55:33 EST 1999

Has anybody already successfully used the APTag-2 vector from Flanagan to
do a fusion protein with the alkaline phosphatase at the C-terminus? I
tried several kind of transfections, 2 different types of cells (even a
permanent cell line), and DNA purified from different manner, and I can
detect some fusion protein in the supernatant of the transfected cells, but
unfortunately at a very low level. So I was wondering whether the problem
is in my fused protein  or in the vector itself (i.e APTag-2).

Thank you very much in advance,
Stephane Genoud

Stephane Genoud
Institute of Cell Biology