nucleus redox state

Esbjorn Fiers esfie at gengenp.rug.ac.be
Wed Mar 31 05:59:22 EST 1999

Hi,
I am currently performing a two hybrid test to evaluate an interaction
between two cytosolar proteins. Since an important facet of the test is
the determination of the stability of the interaction in the absence of
disulfide bridges (caused by the reducing environment of the cytosol) I
am wondering if I could state that if interaction occurs in the nucleus
(two hybrid) the interaction will probably also occur in the cytosol. Or
in other words if I could state that the redox state of the cytosol is
comparable to that of the nucleus.
Any thoughts or facts are very welcome!
Thanks in advance,

Esbjorn Fiers

Esbjorn Fiers
DEPARTMENT OF GENETICS                         Fax:32 (0)9 2645349
UNIVERSITY OF GENT, K. L. Ledeganckstraat 35, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie                           VIB
mailto:esfie at gengenp.rug.ac.be        http://www.plantgenetics.rug.ac.be