Answer to Elephant Quote

Jeff Baluch jbaluch at home.com
Thu Nov 18 11:40:22 EST 1999

Some time ago someone requested help in finding a famous quote which
involved the word elephant. I came across a quote and its author and thought
this may be what you were looking for. It was quoted in the electronic
newsletter: science weekly (http://scienceweek.com)
        Page

 Pascual Jordan was the originator of the quantum theory
of fields, "which we now take to be the basis of all physics." He
was the first to realize that all things in the Universe --
photons, electrons, protons, atoms, and elephants -- are field
quanta. Of the triumvirate Pascual Jordan, *Max Born, and *Werner
Heisenberg that formulated matrix quantum mechanics in 1925,
Jordan was the principal architect of the theory.