FK506 (tacrolimus) in vitro

Jeff Fairman jfairman at clingenix.com
Tue Nov 30 13:11:45 EST 1999

When dosed in mice, CsA or FK506 in usually dissolved in ethanol and diluted
as desired in olive oil, peanut oil, or corn oil (one reference I found
right away:  Interntaional Journal for Parasitology, Vol 28 (1998)
579-588).  Olive oil is the prefered diluent.  I'm sure this would work fine
in-vitro as well.

Jeff Fairman

Jeff Fairman, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist, Pharmacogenomics Research
Clingenix, Inc.
871 Industrial Road, Suite J
San Carlos, CA 94070
(650) 598-7645 (office)
(650) 598-7641 (fax)
jfairman at clingenix.com

visit:  http://thelabrat.netfirms.com- By Scientists... For Scientists.

Axel Allera wrote in message <38440030.C7CC0DDA at uni-bonn.de>...
>Try to dissolve it in DMSO
>
>Axel Allera
>
>Bruce Smith wrote:
>
>> Paula Lavery wrote:
>>
>> > We are having problems getting FK506 into solution to use in some in
vitro
>> > assays. It readily dissolves in EtOH (0.2M) but it precipitates out
whenever
>> > we try to dilute it further into culture medium. We tried adding some
Tween