Erythroleukemia cells

Michael A. Shia shia at bu.edu
Fri Oct 1 14:00:53 EST 1999

Dear Lubomira,

I have experiance using MEL cells in my studies on the end stage of red
cell differentiation.They do work, however,they require very stringent
conditions for differentiation to occur. These contitions include the
correct batch of BSA, growth media, and most of all cell clone. In
addition if you wish to observe the end stage of differentiation you must
grow them on fibronectin. Most of this work has been published a while ago
by Patel and Lodish in the mid 80's. If you would like to continue you
project with MEL cell I can send you my detailed protocols.

Michael Shia
shia at bu.edu