Chromosomes

Jeff Baluch jbaluch at home.com
Tue Oct 19 10:02:36 EST 1999

I looked in a chart in my Genetics text by Peter Russell and the male
Australian ant has 1 chromosome (female 2). Next on the list is the mosquito
with 6. The largest diploid genome listed was the field horsetail at 216
 this is a plant) followed by the goldfish at 94. On a funny note, dogs,
cats and chickens each have between 72-80. That can make you wonder, being
only at 46, where you really fit in the scheme of things!
       Page