Kaywan Mansubi kmansubi at
Wed Oct 27 01:34:35 EST 1999

Maybe plants and animals other than us with more chromosomes are advanced
in ways we can't comprehend. Dogs have what some might call extrasensory
perception, for instance. The way I see it the more chromosomes you have
the greater potential (considering not all parts of the dna are
expressive) to create a wider array of proteins. I wonder if any thought
has gone into this?

Of course this is probably too simplistic and I do have a limited

But I think it's best to be careful how we define evolution, eh? Plenty of
animals and plants are doing quite well thanks to their own particular
route of evolution.