The Experimentalist

The Experimentalist experimentalist at home.com
Tue Sep 7 15:34:18 EST 1999

 The Experimentalist

  Please take some time to let me introduce you to The Experimentalist.  The
Experimentalist
is a free Internet service started by a group of frustrated but hopeful
University students
who would like to develop a central connecting point for scientists from
different fields to
shout out their experimental ideas, especially ones for which they may not
have the expertise,
equipment or funding to carry out at the moment.  If we get enough
participation The
Experimentalist will become a place in which Grad students, PhD candidates,
and Professors
from different fields across North America exchange ideas and try to
establish useful
collaborations.  This is not a new idea, in fact there are thousands of
fragmented discussion
groups already on the Internet and most University professionals have found
their niche
somewhere.  However most forums are either too isolated or lack professional
input to be of any
benefit to the serious experimenter or theorist.  The Experimentalist will
be promoting itself
across Canadian and U.S. Universities for the coming school year and hopes
to attract serious
participants.  However it also hopes to promote an environment in which
experimenters express
ideas they are not currently working on or ideas that touch on areas outside
their field of
expertise.  To get the discussion flowing we ask that you take 5 minutes out
of your busy
schedule to browse the site and leave behind a brief description of your
current or future
interests.  Bookmark the site and then revisit it to see how things are
developing.  With your
help The Experimentalist will become a neural network in which
collaborations occur in a more
efficient and free way.
Recently we have been getting alot of traffic yet most visitors are
reluctant to leave a message.
To get the dialogue flowing we ask that you leave a brief description of
your current research
and some of the questions it will raise.
You can visit the site at http://www.homestead.com/experimentalist
I thank you for your time.