dna size

CSC un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Sep 21 07:47:03 EST 1999

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Richard P. Grant wrote:

> >I know the size of the protein in daltons only not aa length.

> Divide by 110 to get a good approximation of the aa length (average amino
> acyl is ~ 110 Da).

That depends a little. How did you determine the molecular weight ? By gel
and with a standard next to it ? If so, this kind of estimate may be
tricky. For instance His rich proteins migrate much slower than other
proteins. And if the protein is glycosylated or has some other groups
attached...

Kind regards,

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara, PhD

* For HUSAR, W2H & GCG visit:          http://genome.dkfz-heidelberg.de *
* German             German Cancer Research Center DKFZ        European *
* EMBnet             Dept. Molecular Biophysics (H0200)            Data *
* node               INF 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany        Resource *
* - Genius -          phone ++49 6221-4223-42 fax -33           - EDR - *