quantification of protein

Richard P. Grant r_grant at see.sig.for.address
Wed Sep 22 07:27:29 EST 1999

In article <37E90DDF.2256 at le.ac.uk>, "A.F. Simpson" <AFS7 at le.ac.uk> wrote:

>I would recommend running a dilution series for the samples to make sure
>you don't overload your protein and mask any reduction.

To double check your total protein loading (it's conceivable that if the
populations of inhibited and non-i are very different your quant method
could be affected) you'd probably want to detect a 'house-keeping' protein
on the same blot:  this would check that you weren't lowering protein
expression across the board, i.e. make you happier yopu're seeing a
specific effect.

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil     |             rgrant at cmtech.co.uk
work: www.cmtech.co.uk        |      home: www.avnet.co.uk/adastra
           -- 'We're still mad.  Our beef isn't' --