Erythroleukemia cells

Luba lchak at OBZOR.BIO21.BAS.BG
Mon Sep 27 05:48:06 EST 1999

Hi!

    I have problems with the differentiation of erythroleukemia cells in
culture. I have tried to stimulate mouse Friend cells with DMSO and
human K-562 cells with hemin and butyrate detecting the results with
benzidine assay and Northern hybridization with a beta-globin gene probe
but nothing has really worked. It is possible that the cell lines I have
used have impaired capacity to differentiate. If somebody works with
cells with a proved capacity for differentiation please let me know if
he or she could kindly give me a flask of these cells. If this is
possible please let me know and we could discuss the details later.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Lubomira Chakalova
Institute of Molecular Biology
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences