Erythroleukemia cells

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.edu
Tue Sep 28 08:39:57 EST 1999

I 've also worked with K562 cells a long time ago, and had
good results with hemin (the cell pellets would actually be
red). The person we got them from claimed you had to clone
them out every now and then select out lines that responded
well to hemin; otherwise, they would lose that ability
after many passages.

Nick Theodorakis
(PS, I don't have any now, sorry! But maybe you could try
to clone from the line you have, or from a fresh vial from
ATCC)