junk DNA

Rcjohnsen rcjohnsen at aol.com
Mon Apr 17 23:26:18 EST 2000

<< Subject: Re: junk DNA
From: iayork at panix.com  (Ian A. York)
Date: Mon, Apr 17, 2000 11:10 PM

Let me take another run at that last post.  You hit several of my pet
peeves all at once, and I took it out on you instead of the proper target. >>

I don't mind if you take it out on me Ian but just don't talk down so to other
people and set yourself up as an Ivory pillar of science.  I do know what's
good science and what's not and articles in Scientific Amer. and Discover are
not.  But these articles are written for those who might not know a lot about
these areas and gain some general information about them.
   I have over 20 pages of abstracts on alu sequences.  If they are not
important then why do they comprise such a large amount of our DNA?  Just along
for the ride?  That may be your conclusion, but I think it premature and  still
an open question.