Junk DNA

Rcjohnsen rcjohnsen at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 22:50:59 EST 2000

<< Subject: Re: Junk DNA
From: Nils Confer NConfer at Yahoo.com
Date: Thu, Apr 20, 2000 3:06 AM

--------------13A6CF1E0519F06A9237E74E

--------------26CCC41A1E56953110F66C66

York States:
It's utterly obvious that non-coding DNA can and has been selected for
in many ways.  Junk DNA shows no sign of having been selected in any
way.
This may come as a shock, but you know, the people who do research on
genomics are not total morons.

Not knowing the function of sequences of DNA limits, if not absolutely
prevents, your knowing if their is a selective pressure for continued
inclusion. You must know something we all don't.
Also, researchers in genomics are most likely not morons, but some do
apparently have quite a chip on their shoulders.

I quite applaud your response!

  I had quite another response to his
 "I am rather inclined to suppose him a very respectable Man." -Jane Austen,
The History of England"
Iwas tempted more than once to substitute something for respectable.
Roger