Apo-Brdu for adherent cell apoptosis ?

Incheol Shin icshin at bioneer.kaist.ac.kr
Wed Aug 23 11:40:08 EST 2000

Hi, all

I am planning to purchase Pheonix Apo-Brdu apoptosis assay system
(for flow cytometry) to access apoptosis in my breast cancer cultured cell system.
Actually I tested my apoptotic cells with Annexin-V apoptosis assay
kit, but the result was not good as expected since (in my opionion)
Annexin-V system is basically for the suspension cells.
So anyone out there ever did some apoptosis assay with
Apo-Brdu assay kit for the adherent cells ?
Please give me your opinions.

Also, if you know the best apoptosis assay system
for the adherent cells. I would like to avoid
the system with microscopic observations since
I need to include the floating (apoptotic) cells
in my assay.

Thanks in advance,
Incheol

                  o  It was a wedding ring,
  \  __\\___    o    Destined to be found in a cheap hotel,
   \/     o \ o      Lost in a kitchen sink,
   /\_<_____/        Or thrown in a wishing well.
  /                  - Warm Wet Circles - Fish