TX-100 soulubility?

Warren Gallin wgallin at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Mon Aug 28 00:12:39 EST 2000

	Actually, all the connexins are membrane associated; none are
cytosolic.  The Triton-X-100 solubility assay tells you whether the
connexins have been assembled into large gap junctional plaques, which
are not TX100 soluble.  The newly synthesized and unassembled connexins
are soluble in TX100.  There are a number of mutants in Cx-32 which are
synthesized, do not progress beyond the Er or Golgi, and are better than
95% soluble in TX100 because they are not assembled into plaques in the
plasma membrane.