effect of HGF on hepatocyte proliferation

Robert Hartley rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 12:27:54 EST 2000

Hello all.

I'm working on MDCK and HGF (no surprise there) and there is lots of
litrature on various cell types pre-muscle cells, MDCK, neurons etc and
the effect of HGF in culture. However for the life of me I cant find any
info on the effect of HGF on hepatocyte proliferation in culture.

There is the obvious 2 rat experiment in-vivo where one had a liver
disection and the pooled veinous system alowed regeneration in one and
liver doubling in the other but no info on HGF+ and HGF- on cells in a
dish.

Does anyone have any ideas or a reference.

This is for a colleage that asked me yesterday.

Cheers and a happy Christmas and a good new year.
Bob; Cloudy Scotland.

Slainte'
--
Robert Hartley, Centre for Cell Engineering,University of Glasgow,
Glasgow G12 8QQ Tel:++44(0)141 330 4756
Fax:++44 (0)141 330 3730 mailto:rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Web : http://www.gla.ac.uk/Inter/CellEngineering