counting cardiocytes

Bernard Murray, PhD spam at 127.0.0.1
Fri Feb 4 16:29:28 EST 2000

In article <019bf6ce.36646537 at usw-ex0109-069.remarq.com>, christian
<christian.troidlNOchSPAM at kerckhoff.mpg.de.invalid> wrote:

> I want to count beta-Gal transfected cardiocytes on a
> petridish!

Rather than a gridded dish you can use a microscope eyepiece
insert (graticule) that has a grid upon it.  The other similar
way is with a graticule that has a random pattern of dots
on it and you then count the proportion of dots landing on
stained cells to give yourself a transfection efficiency.
I've used the former method for a variety of b-gal transfected
cell lines.
   Bernard

--
Bernard P. Murray, PhD