counting cardiocytes

christian christian.troidlNOchSPAM at
Mon Feb 7 05:04:45 EST 2000

In article <spam-0402001429280001 at>,
spam at (Bernard Murray, PhD) wrote:
> In article
> <019bf6ce.36646537 at>,
> christian
> <christian.troidlNOchSPAM at>
> wrote:
> > I want to count beta-Gal transfected cardiocytes on a
> > petridish!
> Rather than a gridded dish you can use a microscope
> eyepiece
> insert (graticule) that has a grid upon it.  The other
> similar
> way is with a graticule that has a random pattern of
> dots
> on it and you then count the proportion of dots
> landing on
> stained cells to give yourself a transfection
> efficiency.
> I've used the former method for a variety of b-gal
> transfected
> cell lines.
>    Bernard
> --
> Bernard P. Murray, PhD
> bpmurray at cgl . ucsf . edu
> Department of Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology, UCSF

dear bernard

thank you very much for your answer to my request.

as you maby realized I'm german and I have problems with the
word "graticule". could you specifie what you mean by that.

christian troidl
Max-Planck-Institut for Physiol. and Clinical Science
Dept. of Exp. Cardiology
Bad Nauheim, Germany

* Sent from AltaVista Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful