Health danger by mobile phones?

Dr. Constantin Hofmann umkr at
Wed Feb 9 16:02:54 EST 2000

maybe I'm a little off-topic but I'd like to know where I can get
information about possible dangers for your health by mobile phones. I've
heard that they are suspected to cause harm to cells by altering them
through their magnetic fields, warmth or other radiation.
I'd be grateful for any short information, especially links to scientific
research results.
The question has a serious background: My mother got a brain tumor at the
age of 47 (and died of it with 49); the tumor developed at exactly the same
position where she always held her mobile phone to. Might be a coincidence,
of course, but a strange one.