Homework Help Needed: Take this Quick Genetic Engineering Survey

Jim etpro at etproductions.com
Sat Jan 1 14:52:54 EST 2000

Please pardon the crosspost. I need at least 50 responses to this, and
unfortunatley, none of these groups boasts a huge readership. I
suggest the you limit followups to the group you are reading, or
follow up by e-mail.

I am taking Molecular Biology in a Math & Science Magnet High School.
We have a project to develop a survey on people's attitudes toward
genetic engineering. I have to tally the results from at least 50
people, and the report is due January 7, 2000. I'd very much
appreciate your input. You may follow up to the one group you are
reading, or respond via e-mail. In any case, I will publish the
results here as a statistical rollup only. No names or e-mail
addresses will be included in the results.

Thanks for your attention to this request. The survey follows:

1. Age?

2. Gender?
<a> male <b> female

3. Religious Preference?
<e>Other/None

4. Do you know of genetic engineering?

5. Do you approve of the patenting of DNA? (The patenting of DNA is
where one's genetic map can actually be copyrighted.)

6. Do you believe that biotechnology should continue to be explored by
science?

7. Do you believe that the science of biotechnology is "playing god?"

8. Do you believe that scientists should cure congenital diseases
genetically?

9. Do you believe that parents should be able to change
characteristics of their child genetically?

10. Do you believe that it is justified for parents to "remedy" a
mentally retarded child before it's born genetically?

11. Do you believe that it is justified for parents to "remedy" a
mentally retarded child after it's born genetically?

12. Do you believe that parents should be able to improve their
child's intelligence genetically?

13. Do you buy and eat food from the grocery store?

14. Have you eaten biotech foods?

15. If you have answered yes to the previous question, do you approve
of biotech foods?

That's it. Thanks,

Conrad
ET! Productions
Building Websites that Build Net Profits
http://www.etproductions.com/