Skeletal muscle cell media

Courtland Yockey courtland.yockey at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 13 15:12:07 EST 2000

Viet:

Could you be more specific about your problem?

What exactly do you mean by "alive"?  Attached?  Healthy-looking?

What cell type are you talking about:  Primary fiber explants?  Primary
culture myoblasts that have been induced to differentiate?  Cell lines that
have been induced to differentiate?

courtland.yockey at mindspring.com

In article <387DB461.D69D5C18 at hotmail.com>, Viet <expell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

I need help in finding media in which to keep terminally differentiated
skeletal muscle cells alive for over 3 days.  As of yet I have not been
able to find anything in the literature.  There is plenty on primary
cell cultures but nothing on what I am looking for.  I refuse to believe

that no one has tried to keep terminally differentiated skeletal muscle
cells alive for any period of time.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks