Help - Vaccinia Detection

Ian A. York iayork at
Wed Jan 26 15:32:25 EST 2000

In article <86nkg3$1934$1 at>,
Nadeem Sheikh <nadeem at> wrote:
>Background : I employ recombinant vaccinia as vectors, infecting autologous
>B-LCL lines with them.  These infected cells are then used as antigen

Most of the systems that create recombinant vaccinias are based on Bernard
Moss's pSC** vectors.  These put a beta-galactosidase gene into the
recombinant as well as the gene of interest.  Detection and quantitation
of beta-gal is pretty straightforward; we've used it to estimate
recombinant vaccinia infection.  Have you tried this, or do you have some
other recombinant system?

    Ian York   (iayork at  <>