S-35 and autoradiography

Benno ter Kuile b.terkuile at chem.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Jul 4 02:28:25 EST 2000

>         I am looking for experienced opinion about exposure times for S-35
> protein labelling followed by IP and exposing to X-ray film versus
> Phosphorimager.
> Which of the above did u prefer and why?

	My personal preference is the phosphorimager by a large margin,
because the linear range is enormous. Differences in intensity that
may be meaningful may not be noticed on X-ray films, but will show up
using phosphorimaging. The equipment is expensive, though.

Best regards,

		     Benno ter Kuile

Benno ter Kuile
Leiden Institute of Chemistry, Gorlaeus Laboratories.
Leiden University;Einsteinweg 55 / P.O. Box 9502 2300RA, Leiden, The Netherlands.
Phone:        +31 71 5275272    TeleFax:      +31 71 5274537

---