Help with Taxol preps

Ian Harper Ian.Harper at
Tue Jun 20 08:13:48 EST 2000

A student of ours is using Taxol to disrupt the cytoskeleton, and has
started getting unexpected preciptations forming in the medium after
switching from a pharmaceutical grade to the "sigma" powder.  A stock is
made up either in DMSO or Cremophor El (oil based I think) + Ethanol (
as suggested by supplier), but when the stock is diluted 0.25% vol to
the aqueous, we see needle-shaped crystal forming as taxol goes out of
Ideas, and protocols would be greatly appreciated,
plz email to me: Ian.Harper at

Ian Harper
Confocal Imaging Facility
Dept Biological Sciences
Monash University
Wellington Rd, Clayton
VIC, Australia
Tel: +61-3-99055635, Fax: +61-3-99055613
Email: Ian.Harper at