Freezing cells in liquid nitrogen

Robert Hartley rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Fri Mar 10 06:24:44 EST 2000

In article <8a9fg4$34t$1 at nntp.itservices.ubc.ca>,
dcwong at interchange.ubc.ca (Donald Chun Kit Wong) wrote:

Hello Donald
I haven't tried this but if you are stuck for a comercial fix:-

I have been told that putting 2ml cryo tubes on half a dozen Stratagene
waterbath boats does the trick. But don't trust me on this. Check first.

If so then the rep will have some as freebies.

Alternatively you could use a similar container and; guessing now;- stick
some camping mat in the container to act as an insulator. IE build one
that resembles the bought one and give it a try.

Cheers
Bob (who built a -70 desktop freezer for 6pounds) :-)

--
Robert Hartley,
Centre for Cell Engineering,University of Glasgow,UK.