Ras inhibition

Martin Dalziel M.Dalziel at icrf.icnet.uk
Tue Nov 21 08:12:06 EST 2000

Dear All,

We are currently researching the effects of H-ras over-expression on
sialyltransferase gene expression in mouse NIH-3T3 fibroblasts. We wish
to inhibit the ras signalling by use of inhibitory peptide(s). We are
starting with H-VPPPVPPRRR-OH (Guanine nucleotide releasing factor
hSOS1).  Is it possible to simply add peptide to cells in culture or
must one use a method for facilitating peptide entry into the cell?

Any thoughts, methods or advice would be greatly appreciated given our
naivety in this field.

thanks in advance

M.Dalziel at icrf.icnet.uk