Who first identified the ribosome?

Robert Hartley rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Wed Nov 22 11:56:50 EST 2000

In article <3A1ACB00.C4C3874D at netscapeonline.co.uk>, Richard Ollosson
<rollosson at netscapeonline.co.uk> wrote:

> I am an undergraduate currently trying to write an essay on the function
> an d mechanism of the ribosome. I am able to find a great deal of up to
> date research but very little on the history of the structure. Does
> anyone know who first identified the ribosome or anything about the
> early studies carried out on it? Any refenrences would be greatly
> appreciated.

You could try taking a reference and using the oldest article to find the
oldest article in that and so on till you acheive what you want.

Don't waste too much time on it though. Better spendig the time
understanding how it works and thinking of ideas about why. :-)

> Thank you,
> Richard

Cheers
Bob; Rainy Scotland

--
Robert Hartley, Centre for Cell Engineering,Joseph Black Building
University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ Tel: ++44 (0)141 330 4756,
Fax: 0141 330 3730 mailto:rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk
Web : http://www.gla.ac.uk/Inter/CellEngineering