safety: immunocytochemistry with frozen human tissues

peachii at my-deja.com peachii at my-deja.com
Wed Oct 25 18:02:12 EST 2000

Does anyone out there have safety suggestions for working with unfixed frozen
human tissues? I want to cut (supposedly normal) human tissue on a cryostat
not typically used for biohazard materials.

Also, I have heard that brief fixation in cold acetone will immobilize most
biohazard threat from this tissue, but I have concerns about the
effectiveness of this, and the damage it will do to morphology.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.