blocking transcription

Florent.Crepineau crepinau at
Mon Oct 30 11:06:44 EST 2000

I have already tried to send this message but it seems it never
reached the newsgroup.
Here is my question. I would like to be sure that a protein, involved
in an activation mechanism, is transcribed during the maturation of a
cell. Thus I thaught, if I block transcription, the protein will stop
to be produce and the activation should stop. Would that work and what
protocol (chemical) would you recommand ?
Thank you for reading my message.
Sincerely yours