Advice needed - coating for fragile glassware

Paul S. Brookes. brookes at
Thu Sep 7 09:09:08 EST 2000

Pyrex makes such glassware (measuring cylinders e.t.c.), pre-coated with a 
plastic layer on the outside - the inside is just plain glass so remains 
inert.  It is more expensive though - by about 35%.  For coating existing 
glassware try "plastikote" from your local hardware store, although of 
course the stuff is coloured (usually red or blue), so makes it impossible 
to see what's inside the glassware.  Also maybe try some rubber matting on 
the benches and in the bottom of the sink, so if stuff does get dropped it 
won't break.

Dr. Paul S. Brookes.            (brookes at
UAB Department of Pathology,   G004 Volker Hall
1670 University Blvd., Birmingham AL 35294 USA
Tel (001) 205 934 1915     Fax (001) 205 934 1775

The quality of e-mails can go down as well as up
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

More information about the Cellbiol mailing list