How Scientists Cheat

John Hewitt john.hewitt1 at virign.net
Sat Sep 9 14:36:52 EST 2000

Dear Rogier,

Thank you for your short response which you did not copy to me by E-mail.  I
will presume that you have not, yourself, taken a look at my site
http://freespace.virgin.net/john.hewitt1/  "A Habit of Lies - How Scientists
Cheat." and that you do not understand the issues it raises.  Although you
do not understand them, they are real issues with substantial implications
for cell biology.  I would have liked a rational debate about them with the
people concerned but I have not been able to elicit one.

Failing that debate, I am trying to raise general awareness of the lying
that has gone on in this field.  One of my methods is to make postings to
relevant newsgroups but, since the readership of such groups changes over
time, I think it reasonable to return, after an interval, in order to give a
new readership the opportunity to look at my work and to understand these
issues.

I last posted to BIONET cell biol. two months ago, which seems to me a
reasonable interval.  While I am sorry you object to my activities, I do not
think you presented any sensible reason for doing so and I do not consider
my postings to be spam - whatever that may mean.

Sincerely

John Hewitt

news:8pavqi$rlf$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...