in search of an insulin receptor antagonist

John Hines hines at
Mon Jun 11 15:29:30 EST 2001

Is there such a thing?  I've never heard of one, although I am,
admittedly, very new to the area.  I've been able to stimulate the MAP
kinase pathway in a cell line by treating with insulin (1 uM).  However,
I'd feel more comfortable with the conclusion that there are functional
insulin receptors present if I could block the signaling with an

Only I've never heard of one.  Is there an antagonist for insulin receptors?
I'd be grateful for any information/insights.

(please reply to hines at