COX 1 and 2 measurement in brain

Shane O'Mara smomara at tcd.ie
Wed Jun 27 08:29:03 EST 2001

I'm interested in purchasing a kit to measure COX 1 & 2 activity in
selected regions of the rodent brain. The only easily available commercial
kit that I can find for this purpose is the Assay Designs Chemiluminescent
Cyclooxygenase Activity Kit.

I'm wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the direction of any
other companies that make COX assay kits, in particular a COX Elisa assay.
We have been doing experiments recently on synaptic plasticity that have as
a consequence the measurement of COX after various electrophysiological
protocols.

My lab is not set up for advanced biochemistry, and in the past we've just
used ELISA kits for the measurement of BDNF in brain and radiolabelling for
corticosterone in blood. Thus, the simpler and more straightforward the
procedure we can find the better for us.

Please email me at smomara at tcd.ie

WIth many thanks.

- Shane O'Mara.
Shane M. O'Mara
Department of Psychology and Trinity College Institute for Neuroscience
Trinity College
Dublin 2
Ireland

Email: smomara at tcd.ie