metabolims q's

Alastair Robert Loh alasloh at cs.rmit.edu.au
Thu Jun 28 06:39:55 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm studying anatomy and phsyiology and am having problems answering some
revision questions (my textbook is a bit too technical/complex)

It would be a HUGE help if someone can give me some paragraph length
answers to any of the following q's:

1. Explain how energy (ATP) is formed from carbohydrates, proteins and
lipids.

2. Explain how ATP is used for energy

4. Describe how lipids are absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, how
they are transported to the storage sites and how they are moved through
the blood stream.

5. Explain how lactic acid is removed from tissues

6. Explain how the body regulates heat

Any help would be greatly appreciated (my email address is:
alasloh at cs.rmit.edu.au)