ELISA problem

Chris Kaufman kaufman at mdc-berlin.de
Thu Mar 1 11:51:01 EST 2001

Hello,

I am trying to do a sandwich ELISA to detect human alpha1-antitrypsin in
mouse serum from mice injected with a hAAT expression vector.
The standards work fine, but I cannot detect anything from the mouse
serum samples.
I have tried various dilutions of the serum from straight to 1:100 with
no signal.  Is it possible that there is something in the mouse serum
that is interfering with the assay?  Is the serum supposed to be
pretreated in some way before being used in the ELISA assay?

Thank you for any advice you can give to help me resolve this
frustrating problem.

Chris
--
  \=//    Christopher Kaufman, Ph.D.
   //=\   Max Delbrück Center For Molecular Medicine
    \=//  kaufman at mdc-berlin.de

---