localization of receptor

honanaa at kimo.com.tw honanaa at kimo.com.tw
Thu Mar 22 09:12:37 EST 2001

In case of glucose uptake, insulin induces the translocation of the glucose
transporter type 4 (GLUT4) from the intracellular vesicles to the plasma
membrane.
1. fractionate the membranes (plasma membrane, ER, Golgi, vesicles etc ) by
sedimentation
   ( option: check the marker enzyme for each membrane to confirm the
seperation.)
2. Western

For de novo synthesis, Western blot or pulse-chase experiment will answer.

Good Luck