Looking for overview of kingdoms

Robert judaismfaqs at yahoo.com.spammenot
Fri Aug 9 12:54:52 EST 2002

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a website which has a good
overview of the various kingdoms.

Specifically, I would like to find a decent graphic or diagram showing how
the kingdoms are related to each other. I am looking for something more
sophisticated than the average high school biology book, which simply shows
a chart with five or six kingdoms, and a presumed common ancestor. We now
now that these models are way too simplistic, and that the protista kingdom
really isn't one kingdom at all. In fact, it is more accurate to say that
there are many kingdoms, not just 6!

Are there some good overview diagrams, graphics, etc. that show a more
accurate relationship between the kingdoms of life, yet could fit on one or
two pages? Its easy to find huge amounts of _text_ on the Internet on this
subject (and some of it is even well-written), but really well-designed
graphic layouts showing the big picture seem to be rare. (I imagine that any
such diagram must be less than 5 years old, in order to take into account
all that we have learned in the past 20 years.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Robert