gotta get those #$@&* cells to STICK!!!

john.hines at yale.edu john.hines at yale.edu
Wed Feb 27 19:23:29 EST 2002

In article <3C7C9DC9.2CCACD5B at iNOSPAMats.csic.es>, oswaldo
<oswaldo at iNOSPAMats.csic.es> wrote:

> Des the PBS that you use contain divalent cations (Ca2+ and Mg2+)?. Ca
> and Mg-free PBS detaches certain cell types readily.
>
> oswaldo

Well, a lot of cells detach even if I just change the medium, which has
the full complement of Ca+2 and Mg+2.  So I'm guessing that it'll take
more than that, but perhaps upping the concentration of divalent cations
in the PBS rinses would  minimize the cell loss at least in those steps.

thanks,

John