Cyclin E-Fix

micro-mike micro-mike at cox.net
Sun Mar 3 16:33:22 EST 2002

To whom it may concern,

In my lab, we have been using methacarn as a fixative for most of our
immunohistochemistry experiments. It seems to work well. But, with Cyclin E
antibodies, we get cytoplasmic staining rather than nuclear staining which
is mentioned in all the literature I have read. I wonder if the cytoplasmic
staining we are getting is real or whether the methacarn is modifying other
cytoplasmic proteins (like other cyclins, maybe) to mimic the
characteristics of cyclin E. If you have any ideas, please let me know.
Thanks.

Mike