Cell creation

Jayakumar, R R.Jayakumar at RoswellPark.org
Fri Oct 3 10:35:44 EST 2003

Well.. the subject line should have been cell evolution rather than cell creation and Hypotesys should have been hypothesis.  Scientists believe (now the vatican believes it too since 1995.,..) that multicellular organisms evolved from single celled microbes (they may not have been anything like the microbes you see now since everything is constantly evolving though at different speeds and directions).  Probably multicellular organisms evolved from biofilms (that is the natural state of nearly 99 % of microorganisms in nature, contrary to the single cell state of suspension cultures that you may have seen in pictures or in school) in which microorganisms grow in colonies like films or bubbles or layers closely interacting with one another and communicating.  Probably multicellular organisms like us are nothing but a more evolved and specialized biofilms (each part doing one particular function called organs) all living together for the greater benefit of the whole, ie. the body.  But then if we take us humans, we too have evolved to do specialized functions over the centuries. We too have specialized ourselves into Businessmen, lawyers, doctors, servants, soldiers etc. etc.. each one able to do only the job they are speciallized to do (for eg.  try putting a lawyer into a surgery room) for the benefit of the whole.. that is society.   That is the most amazing thing of evolution.  Everyone follows the rules of evolution.  The very fact that all organisms share more or less the same genetic code and the same building blocks of life (amino acids nucleotides), points towards a common point of origin.  But of course, like the criminal leaves behind his scent for the police dog to follow, evolution too have left behind tons of evidence.. in the form of fossils and degradation products and the degeneracy of the DNA sequences...for the police dogs that is scientists to follow.
     Of course, the only way of actually proving it is go back in time a few billion years and bring back samples to the present time.  But since the space-time fabric cannot be disturbed in any way (or atleast with the present scientific knowledge), we are left with a few moth-eaten fossils to find our legacy :-))
    Best of luck..
Jayakumar

---