prions. cheese. mad cow disease. milk.

Louis Hom lhom at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jan 7 10:08:45 EST 2004

In article <0vnmvvolp1kk5p29b77qbmn0nu3qgri6qk at>,
Bob  <bbruner at> wrote:
>So far as I know, the prions do not seem to be in milk. (They are
>primarily in the brain and nervous system.)

	They primarily *affect* the brain and nervous system, but at least
some of the evidence suggests that the lymphatic system is involved in
transit of the prions and establishing the infection.  Can't comment
on the validity/seriousness of the implications of these results, but
it makes me at least a little nervous/squeamish.
Lou Hom >K'93
lhom at