Help Save Deborah

deborahu at uchicago.edu deborahu at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 26 21:30:31 EST 2004

Hi there:

Let me first start off by apologizing for this unsolicited message.

My name is Deborah Umunnabuike and I am a biology major at the
University of Chicago. It has been a long time dream of mine to become
a geneticist someday. I've had to take a leave of absence halfway
through my winter session this year because I got caught right in the
middle of a lot of heavy immigration bureaucratic red tape -- despite
the fact that I have been in the United States since I was three years
old and have been pursuing a permanent residency status. Until I get my
status adjusted, I am completely ineligible for federal aid, most
private scholarships, and nearly all types of student loans. With those
venues for funding my education closed to me, I began looking to other
money-raising possibilities so I can return to school.

Please visit http://www.savedeborah.com/ (don't worry: no cookies will
be dropped on your computer nor will you have to deal with an array of
pop-up messages). If just 3000 people view this Web site and feel
compelled to chip in a 5-dollar bill towards a girl's college
education, then I can go back next fall. However, any amount (more or
less) would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Deborah Umunnabuike
DeborahU at uchicago.edu

P.S. If you think this is a worthy cause, I'd sincerely appreciate you
forwarding this message to anyone you think might be willing to help.

---